Labels

Friday, February 24, 2012

A happier me

I'm not a huge "hey take a look at this awesome picture of me" type person.  I get uncomfortable.  But I am so happy that my efforts over the past year, concluding with this last round of 6FIT have paid off.  I am happy with the way I look.  I'm not perfect and I still have many imperfections.  But I'm happy with my body for the first time in about 2 years.

The other day I was playing with Connor and he was just killing himself laughing.  I mean that deep, long, 'can barely catch my breath because I'm laughing so hard' laugh.  He had just learned how amazingly fun piggy back rides are.  And as I look back on this picture, I feel just as happy as he is.



I just feel sort of ... relieved.  I don't feel stress or pressure to lose weight, not know what to eat to be healthy, blah blah blah.  It can get so overwhelming at times!

Here were are at the end of the second month of 2012.  No matter what relation you are to me - friend, family, teammate, stranger - if you want something different for your eating or exercising habits you owe it to yourself to make a change. Summer is fast approaching.  Take this spring to spend 6 weeks trying new healthier habits with the support of teammates and Gina - who is just a fabulous leader and role model for 6FIT.  The next session starts in March!

PS - Do you see that red and white paper with the rectangles all over it above my head in the picture?  That's our weekly meal plan, something Ned and I have been doing for about a year now.  I HIGHLY recommend one!  Some do it on a weekly basis, some monthly.  Weekly allows me to hit the grocery store once a week (which means less availability to sneak stuff into the cart!) and to have everything ready to be cooked each night so there is no last minute fast food or take out runs because we are so hungry and don't want to figure something to cook at home.  It works for us!

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you didn't provide Connor a tickle attack? ;) That's such a fun picture Kristin, and glad you enjoy 6Fit. You seriously kicked butt. :D

    ReplyDelete