Labels

Friday, March 30, 2012

Just One

It's really hit me this week that old habits are really hard to break.  I think I've broken a bad habit and one little thing starts me down the wrong path again (for example: eating one cookie with my afternoon snack of an apple turns into 5 cookies).  I have come to one major realization at the start of my 3rd 6FIT session.  It is SO hard for me to eat just one.  One serving, one item, one spoonful; no matter what the quantity it is tough.

The beauty in my dilemma is that there are many goals within 6FIT where I can strive to achieve my goal.  Next week (and maybe many weeks to follow!) my goal will be: just eat one of everything except vegetables.  One serving of whole grains, fruits and dairy.  Unlimited veggies.  I think it will be mind over matter.  The 2nd and 3rd helpings are not because I am truly hungry.  I just think I am.  So I will allow myself to keep eating, but veggies only.

This is a good week to practice what I preach - it's Hunt, Gather, Grow week!  If you can't hunt it, gather it or grow it you can't eat it.  We get one immunity item throughout the week, and mine will be cheese.  1 serving only for me!  But I will look forward to that one serving with all my might.  And I will delight in it and then move on to the veggies.

Does anyone else struggle with portion size?  Any tips or tricks you would like to share would be MUCH appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment